Friday, November 12, 2010

Flashback Friday: "Granddad"

It's my father-in-law's birthday today!
Actually, for the last 10+ years, I've been wishing him a Happy Birthday on the 11th. All of the kids debated which day his birthday was on (in front of him) at his party last week. And he informed us that it was on the 12th... not the 11th like Brad told me many years ago.
Luckily, Granddad has been gracious enough to never correct me... every year... for years.

The man is awesome. He's always there for his family... giving advice, taking care of them, providing for them, and loving them.

He's been a football player...


a mountain man...
:)


a smoke jumper...

(the view from one of his jumps)


a military man...


a husband...


a father...


and a granddad.


Happy Birthday, Granddad!

5 comments:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

So cute! I can see Noah in him!

Hailey @ Me and My Boys said...

Oh definitely! People think Noah looks just like Brad until they see Brad's DAD. lol. Those Kemper genes are strong I guess.

Ben and Sara said...

Well said...Ben and I enjoyed looking at the pictures.

Lindsey Alise said...

Hailey I love this post! Little Noah is growing up so fast!!! When Ry and I get home for Christmas we have to get together!! love you!

Dani In NC said...

I usually have trouble seeing the resemblance between family members, but I can definitely tell that Granddad, Brad, and Noah all came from the same lineage.