Thursday, February 3, 2011

Blog Award


My sweet friend Lori gave me this blog award the other day.
In order to accept the award, I must share the love with 6 other bloggers and fess up to 4 guilty pleasures.
So here goes...

Guilty Pleasures
1. Is it bad that the first thing that comes to mind is food? I guess that means I'll start there. My ultimate guilty food is ice cream, preferrably Edy's Double Fudge Brownie (they have a 1/2 the fat one AND one that's a yogurt blend, so I don't feel so bad about it. yay!). My other one? Grilled cheese sandwiches. I could eat one everyday, but since they require butter and cheese, I'm pretty sure my rear end is thanking me that I don't indulge often (I eat them on whole wheat though... think that might make up for it?). And finally, frozen yogurt from Yoforia. YUM.


2. Books. Right now I'm reading One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp and I'm loving it. Unfortunately, my reading time is limited, so it takes me longer than it used to for me to finish. But that's why I love reading blogs. It only takes a couple minutes, and the story is never over. :)


3. Home decorating. I've become a bit obsessed (if you couldn't tell). I finally made my coffee filter wreath (I'll post pics later), made my mantle all pretty, and the other night I ventured into gardening... as in, growing flowers from seeds to eventually plant outside. I always admired my aunts and grandmothers who were able to have full on conversations about flowers and know their names/how to grow them/etc. Unfortunately, I have a knack for killing plants. I get this image every time I walk into the plant area in Lowes, of all those little guys cowering in fear, praying that I won't take them home. I'd really like to remedy that. I come from a long line of fabulous green thumbs. Every one of my grandparents on both sides either had a gorgeous flower garden (apparently, I inherited my love of peonies from my great grandmother) or a veggie garden or both. Currently, my aunt works at a nursery and my dad has grown a massive vegetable garden. I really don't want to be the black sheep that accidentally kills everything.


(from here)

4. Unnecessary girly splurges. Like cute new shoes, make up, manicures, new clothes, highlights... that kind of thing. Although it doesn't happen as much as it used to. But to help us stick to our budget, Brad and I agreed on giving ourselves an allowance (although he hates that word; he doesn't want people to think he's being all condescending to me... isn't he awesome?). So I've been having to pick and choose carefully what I shop for. Right now, most of my spending money has been going to home stuff or fun things for Noah and I to do (like our outing last week). But eventually? I'm SO going to splurge on myself. Seriously, the last time I had a manicure was for my wedding. My nails are feel pretty neglected.

(from Mary Kay)

And now I'm going to give this award to:
Lissa

(if you want to play along, then go ahead and consider yourself tagged!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Hailey! Food is a big one for me too! Especially salted caramel anything! And I've always loved decorating! Trying to learn more about gardening with you. :)

kim {the non-mom blogger} said...

I am TOTALLY with you on these guilty pleasures!!

I love girly things :)

Charbelle said...

I usually think of food first for guilty pleasures, there is just something so fabulous about ice cream!!!!
I'm sure your gardening/flower ventures are going to be hugely successful, I have no doubts!!!
I'm now trying to find a reason to go to the Discovery Place kids in Huntersville :)

Dani In NC said...

I don't think of reading as a guilty pleasure; I actually feel guilty that I don't read MORE. I am so drawn to the screens (TV and internet) that I fritter away the time I could be using to read. Right now I have seven library books on my bedside table that I would like to read, and I am sending back two books that I didn't even start. Usually if I get myself past the first 5-10 pages, I get hooked and will ignore the screens. Making myself open the book is the obstacle!