Monday, May 23, 2011

Very Pinteresting...

I have a new obsession: Pinterest.
I've seriously been up past 2am the last couple of nights just pinning. It's so addictive!
I've always kept little inspiration boards on my computer, usually just copying and pasting to Word or Paint or whatever. But to have a *free* website that lets me do this? And automatically lists my sources (because really, that's gets old after awhile...) for me? Awesome. I'm hooked.
And I think I've gotten a couple of friends hooked too... sorry 'bout that. But if it's any consolation, I love looking at what you found. :)

Inspiration for my dream home
It's no secret I have a thing for old Southern plantation style architecture. Actually, it's more of a blend between Southern Belle and Victorian. My mom always decorated our home in that Victorian style... nothing too over-the-top. Ok, that's a lie. She has a massive crystal chandelier in her dining room. And designates two Christmas trees to only Victorian ornaments. But other than that, she keeps it pretty modern and beautiful. Maybe I'll post pics of my old home one day soon.

Anyway, I think I seriously got my taste from my parents.
Here's a touch of what I want in my dream home when we're fabulously wealthy and have nothing else better to do than sit on our porch and sip lemonade and plan our latest trip to Europe... yeah, that's why it's called a dream home.

#1 criteria for my next home? Massive front porch.
It was in our list of must-haves when we were originally house hunting, but we didn't end up getting it.
So next go around, I'm going all out.
The only thing missing on this porch is a lazy cat lounging around.


One of my favorite things to do when we're in Kiawah is drive around and look at the amazing homes. And to think these are just people's summer homes!
The pictures hardly do them justice. They're so pretty in person.

One of Brad's favorites...


Then there's all the extra frilly pretties out there to look at.



Look how pretty these pillows are!

Other favorites:


I looove these colors and the walls are awesome.

(this one just had google listed as a source?)

And the food I've found on there? Yum.
Fyi: don't pin food pictures right before bedtime.

Guacamole bruschetta

Grilled chicken with Lemon Basil Pasta
(from the Pioneer Woman... love that lady)

Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa

Oops... how did Johnny Depp end up on my "yum" board?


*sigh*

Moving on....

Look at the cute ideas I found for Noah's birthday this year!




Yeah.
So needless to say, I'm hooked.
Somehow my family has still managed to be fed and clothed.
Probably because I'm doing most of the pinning after everyone has left me alone for the night.

Hope everyone else is being a little more productive than me.
This is not looking very promising for the rest of the week. It's only Monday.

1 comment:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

I am getting MORE into Pinterest. I don't totally get it yet, just a place to get inspiration and share pretty pictures???? But, I DO like it and enjoy it. Someday when I have money to spend on the house, I'll turn to these pictures!!!