Friday, June 17, 2011

better

Thanks for all the well wishes for Noah!
He's doing much better today (for real, I think). He slept 11 hours last night, which is a lot for him. He usually averages about 9-10. The first thing he said when I got him up this morning was, "Na-nah, na-nah..." So far, he's eaten almost a whole banana, some blueberries, some crackers, one and a half yogurts, and a few bites of PB&J. The good part is that even though he wasn't eating much the last couple of days, he did drink a TON of water [Sara, I remember you mentioning that before about Colton, so I made sure he had plenty of water available :)].

And just a few minutes ago? He opened up the pantry, pulled out an unopened bag of brown sugar, and begged me to let him have some. He even started to drag his "cookie baking chair" (the one he uses so he can reach) to the counter. So, like any good mom, I poured him a tiny bit and let him have it. I'm not one to just let my kid gorge on pure sugar, but considering he's in serious need of some calories (seriously, we can tell he lost weight...), I decided to win the Mom of the Year award by a landslide and let him at it. Yep. Superb mothering skills at its finest. And I won't even mention the 34803950358 episodes of Curious George he's watched in the last 48 hours. I wouldn't want to make all the other moms out there look bad...

Anyway...

I decided to take advantage of the sudden sick-free moment, and we ran to the grocery store (don't worry, I kept him in his stroller to prevent spreading any germs). Our store was having a major sale on blueberries (buy one, get two free). Last week, they were BOGO free. Because Noah loves them so much, I've been stocking up and freezing them. So yeah. Go check your circulars and sales, because blueberries are at their peak... which means super cheap!

1 comment:

Ben and Sara said...

I'm glad he's doing better!