Friday, September 2, 2011

wow. and playtime.

Wow, y'all. I am seriously feelin' the love. And to think I was all nervous about posting that video. Well since y'all seem to love me more in real life than in my writing, I will now be a full-time vlogger (I just chuckled a little at that word. I don't know why. It just sounds funny). Just kidding. I don't think I have that kind of patience, nor could my nerves handle it.
And just as I was coming down from my everybody-loves-me high... the hubs goes and hijacks my blog and says all this sweet stuff about me. It really did make my day. Thanks, babe. :)
(sidenote: I was kind of less chipper last night with him. We hadn't gotten much time together lately, and he went off to watch the Steelers/Panthers game and then went bowling with some guy friends. I was feeling a tad neglected, although I'm glad he got to have a guys' night. He doesn't get to do that much. Anyway, it was nice to find the sneaky sweet blog post this morning.)

***

The weather has been so much kinder to us lately. Don't get me wrong; it's still hot. But the humidity has taken a nose-dive, and you wouldn't believe how much of a difference that makes.
I think it's gone to my head, because Noah and I have been doing all kinds of fun stuff lately. Or it may have something to do with the sweet freedom that back-to-school gives SAHMs of toddlers. It seems parks and play places are swarming with kids over the summer, so once school starts back? We get to venture out without worrying about some 10 yr old running over my 2 yr old.

We went to Discovery Place Kids again, which is always a hit.

Noah noticed this mirror for the first time this week. It was hysterical watching him. He'd run back and forth, prance his feet, clap his hands. He was really enamoured with himself. :)



The boy is a chick magnet.


We also went to the "Castle Park" the other day. I could've sworn I'd written about it before, but I couldn't find the post to link to it. But yeah. The jist is that it's a massive outdoor wooden park structure in the shape of a castle. The only downside is that they forgot to plant trees around it, so it's so HOT in the summer. So now that it's slightly bearable, we went back. He loves that place. Ramps galore, which is so his thing.








After his party, we had about 50 billion bananas left over. Instead of letting them go to waste, I ended up baking them into everything: Banana Blueberry Pancakes, Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, etc. If a banana could be masked in it somehow? I made it.
I don't want to taste a banana again until next year.
The upside is that Noah mastered the spoon. He's used it before with yogurt, but he mostly likes finger foods. With yogurt, he was able just to dip the spoon in it and still eat it. However, I gave him the bowl with banana bread batter, a spoon, and let him have at it.




We went out to Panera for dinner the other night. It's one of Noah's favorite places, since they serve things like blueberry muffins and chips. Afterwards, it felt amaaazing out, so we decided to hang out for awhile. We snuck over to the side of the building where there's a grassy hill and just lounged. Noah watched the cars go by (at the top of the big hill, near the mall) and ran around. It was an odd spot to park ourselves, but it was actually really nice.


I love watching these two.


Happy Friday!!
Have a fun and safe holiday weekend!



3 comments:

Gina said...

These pictures are fantastic!! How old is Noah again?

Holly-- The Storm Chaser said...

So sweet.

I agree, when school starts back, it is so fun to hit up the pool, parks, etc for lack of crowds. You'll find that even with your own big kids going back to school, as you have more down the road, it's nice to get out with just the little ones too, while your bigs are hard at it in a day of learning! Now, if we could just get some cooler weather going as well...

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

The pics with Daddy are the best!!