
She was born on the night of my school play. My mom was nervous she wouldn't make it to the actual show, so she was able to see our dress rehearsal. I remember going home with my grandparents and having my grandmother tell me she had arrived and weighed 9 lbs 11 oz. The biggest baby out of all of us. :)

Because I was fourteen when she was born, I ended up getting most of my mommy-training from her. I fed her, bathed her, read her stories, put her to bed, took her to school, picked her up from school, helped her with homework, volunteered in her classroom, and watched her like a hawk when we were out at playgrounds. When kids would hurt her feelings, I was there to make her feel better. I had to help teach her how to express how she felt, and that it's okay to tell people when they've upset her.
She followed me around like a lost puppy, begging me to take her with me, wherever I was going.

I learned how to come up with fun kid-friendly activities to keep her occupied. We had plenty of ice cream dates, play dates, crafts, trips to the playground, and holiday type stuff.

Today, she turns 15, which just blows my mind.
I'm so proud of her. She's smart, sweet, talented, and beautiful. But most importantly, she knows where she stands. She refuses to compromise her standards. She's nice to others, even when they're not always nice to her. The girl has goals and is set on accomplishing them. She's a fabulous sister, daughter, friend, and Aunt. This girl is going places.
Happy Birthday, Madison!



2 comments:
"My Hailey"
Awww. You're both adorable! She could be your daughter you look so much alike. :-)
Post a Comment