Tuesday, May 15, 2012

25 Things You Didn't Know About Me

My friend Jess did this last week, and because I don't have much to say at the moment, I thought it seemed like a good idea.

25 Things You Don't Know About Me

1. I have never dyed my hair. I've had highlights, but other than that? The color's all natural.

2. I totally have champagne taste on a beer budget. I don't buy clothes if they aren't quality, well-made items. Sure, I buy most on sale; but to me, if it's going to fall apart in a year, it's not worth the money. So I'd rather spend a little more and have it last forever (which means I have fewer pieces). I have an Ann Taylor dress from when I was in high school, and it still looks brand new. I've worn it a million times, and it's never gone out of style. I tend to pick more timeless pieces and use accessories to keep up with trends.

3. I wore black the day Heath Ledger died. I was going to marry him. I was also going to marry Johnny Depp.

4. If I have to deliver bad news, I smile out of nervousness. It's so inappropriate.

5. Actually, I smile all the time. And I do mean all the time. My nickname in high school was Smiley.

6. My favorite movies are romantic comedies, but I love me a good action film too. I get excited over movies that are typically geared towards guys (Transformers, Marvel movies, Mission Impossibles, James Bond, etc). 

7. Even though I have a pretty thick (Southern) accent, I wish I had a native Charleston accent. Or even a Georgia one. I think they're beautiful.

8. Related... my accent gets worse when I'm fired up about something. My inner redneck comes out. Brad makes fun of me, because he knows I'm mad if I start to sound like Reba.

9.  My favorite fast food burger is a simple McDonald's cheeseburger.

10. If I had my way, we'd live on a farm in the (almost) middle of nowhere (still gotta have a Target nearby. Can't live without a Target). 


11. I grew up riding horses and hanging out in barns. My granddad had horses, and so did my aunt. I started taking official lessons when I was around 11 or 12.


12. Brad is not allowed to ever have a motorcycle. I know too many people who have either died or become paralyzed from crashes. And I kind of need him around.


13. My favorite sports car is a Mercedes McLaren. 


14. I'm not naturally a dog person. I prefer horses and cats. Their tongues don't venture into gross places and then turn around and lick you.


15. I skipped the 11th grade and graduated from high school a year early (so I was 17). 


16.My doppelganger is Anne Hathaway. I still get stopped by random strangers just so they can tell me. It's a rough life, I tell you what. ;)


17. I can't do my own hair. I've tried, and it always looks worse than when I started.


18. Brad and I met when we were 8 years old.


19. My favorite seasons are Spring and Fall.


20. I love rainy, lazy days. And thunderstorms.


21. I've had to work my whole life on being more outgoing. I'm naturally very quiet and shy, and I tend to have hermit-like tendencies.


22. When it comes to creativity, I'm not an idea person. Put a pot of flowers in front of me, and I can make a virtually identical copy (freehand drawing). But when it comes to executing an idea in my head? I'm not very good at that.


23. When I was in 1st grade, I was reading at an 8th grade level. One other girl and myself actually had our own reading time in the back of the classroom while the rest of the class worked on their reading. 


24. I don't really trust scientific research all that much. It's constantly evolving and changing. One minute, they'll say wine causes cancer. The next, they say it'll save your life. Modern medicine is great. I have no qualms with popping a Tylenol if I have a headache. It's the other stuff that I don't spend much time worrying about.


25. I say that my favorite color is purple, but it's actually green.


Like Jess, I'm not really going to tag anyone. But if you'd like to play along, feel free! :)

3 comments:

Gina said...

I love this list and I'm totally making one soon. BTW, I always had my own little reading group in grade school too. :)

Jess @ Wrangling Chaos said...

5. Yes, you do. But it's so pretty, so it's nice.

7. You have a LOVELY southern accent. It's all gentle and rolling. I've always thought so.

23. ME TOO.

Charis Faith said...

#2 go to the Good Wills in South Charlotte. I promise you will find the champagne clothing, you just have to dig.

#4 I turn red, and it starts in my chest and goes up.

#7 you have a beautiful accent!

#10 makes sense to me considering this is pretty much the description of where you lived growing up.

#21 I have to say that working as a restaurant hostess was what caused me to have to learn to be more outgoing, that and working in retail.

I'm glad you played this was fun!