Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Tuesday Bits

The DNC is in Charlotte this week. The city is about to bust with excitement. Y'all thought we made a big deal about snow flurries? You can just imagine what happens when the President comes to town. I swear our highways have never looked this good before.

The realistic, practical side of me wants to stay far, far away from the craziness. Just about every cop in town is busy with the convention. They even bussed horses from up North in for them. We have plenty of horses here... just not any for our officers. Certain roads are blocked, people have been forced to leave their homes... it's pretty crazy. So yeah, part of me wants to stay away from all of it.
But the other side? The fun, spontaneous side of me wants to go down there and see if I can spot any celebrities. Or at the very least, get a kick out of watching the protestors.
I mentioned on here before how I was a Sociology major. One of my favorite classes was Social Movements. It was fascinating, and I always wanted to witness something like that. So just to hang out and watch people get all worked up sounds like fun to me. :)

***

I love instagram. But see, I don't have a fancy phone. I have the little freebie phone you get when you renew your contract. Heck, I was excited when I finally got texting on my plan last Christmas. I know, it's sad.
To be on instagram, though, I was using Brad's old Droid, which was connected to our home internet. So basically, the majority of my pictures were taken at home. If there were any taken while out and about, then Brad was with us. He has the fancy phone for work. Anyway, his old phone got some sort of virus, so now my instagram presence has plummeted. It makes me sad. I miss seeing instant updates on what friends are doing, in the form of pictures. And sharing mine as well. Maybe I can convince the hubs I need a fancy phone for my photography business. Maybe.

***

I have a reader who, for months, has searched for my blog by typing in my full name and entire blog title. I'm assuming they know me. I hope they know me. I don't mind, but if my searcher happens to be reading this particular post... do you mind letting me know who you are? Y'know, just so I know I don't need to load my shotgun at night? :)

***

The photography business is still going really well. And check out the new logo my friend Jess designed for me! Isn't it pretty? She also does blog design (and photography and skin care... she's multi-talented).


I absolutely adore every second of every photo session I have. Lately, the shoots have included lots of sweet, cuddly newborns. And yes, I do take a few minutes during the session just to hold them. This is the best.job.ever.








Feel free to go here to check out more. :)

***

A couple months ago, I mentioned that my little cousin, his wife, and their baby would be leaving us soon to be missionaries. Well, last night we had our last family dinner with them before they depart.



These next two have nothing to do with them. I just thought they were sweet. :)






They'll be gone for a couple of years, which makes me sad. I mean, I'm excited to see how God will use them, but it's still sad to watch loved ones leave. We've spent a lot of time with my baby cousin, Nathan, over the years. He came to Kiawah with us almost every year as a kid, since he was close to my brother's age.
We celebrated little Landon's 1st birthday a tad early, since he won't be here for his actual big day.


We're really going to miss them.


Last shot of the entire fam together, minus cousin Nat and my stepsisters. And yes, it's very difficult to get a great shot of 20+ people. Noah with my dad and stepmom cracks me up. :)



***

Noah is currently obsessed with two of his Baby Einstein DVD's... the Baby Da Vinci one (that goes over facial features, hands, feet, etc) and the Baby Macdonald one. He's definitely retaining some of the info, because he keeps walking up to family members and sticking his fingers in their ears. He also will walk around crowing like a rooster.
Last night, when every one was singing Happy Birthday to Landon, Noah wanted to be included. Since he doesn't know the Happy Birthday song, he began doing the motions to "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes". And because my family is awesome, they sang it for him, complete with cheering when he was finished.

***

Hope everyone had a fun, relaxing Labor Day weekend!

3 comments:

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

Um. yea. You need a better phone, stat. and make it an iphone. Also, gorgeous pics. And also, I know the creepy that is typing in names in google...hundreds of people get to my blog that way daily and I just try to forget it or else it skeeves me more. ahhh. and I love the big sister pics...naturally ;)

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

That newborn photo shoot is STUNNING!! I would be so thrilled if those were my kids. You are so talented my friend.

Lily Dawn said...

Those pictures are sooooo sweet! the one with the big sis and baby smiling- awwwwwwwwwwwwe! That's amazing to be able to capture those special moments.

I just got an iphone this week after my old phone finally died and got on instagram! I have a feeling it will be my new obsession ;)