While we were at Biltmore, I handed Noah one of those cheap plastic pinwheels at the toy store, just to see if he'd try to blow on it. And to my shock, he did.
For some reason, kids with autism don't seem to like certain activities like blowing bubbles or blowing out candles. Noah has yet to blow candles out on his birthday. I've read it could be sensory related or that they have low muscle tone in their face. At any rate, that's where we were at with Noah.
So on a whim last weekend, I decided to try getting him to blow bubbles again.
And HE DID!!
I know it seems like such a little thing to most people, but this is 2.5 years of work finally paying off. So I'm doing a little happy dance over here. He even says, "Bubbles" now... like perfectly.
Also, the way he blows bubbles? Adorable. His cheeks get all puffy and he sticks his lips out. So so cute. Also, if you're trying to work on fine motor skills with your kids? These bubble tubes are perfect.
So here he is, showing his new found talent:
2 comments:
Hooray! Way to go Mama! Little celebrations are the best. :)
Julie
YAY!! Henry had the same problem to overcome. :-)
How is Noah with getting haircuts? Henry is awful!!
Post a Comment