Friday, February 17, 2012

A Lil' Q & A

I saw the paper mama fill this out and thought it'd be fun to play along, especially since there's not a lot going on right now for me to write about. Noah's still coughing up a storm and using his sleeves as tissues. Oh the joys of raising a boy.

1. I started my blog because…

I actually started "blogging" (did anyone call it that back then?) back in my early college days using Livejournal. Much like here, I wrote about everything... college life, my relationship with Brad, etc. I took a break for a while, although I still wrote in an old-fashioned journal (I have like 15 of them that have built up over the years). I started blogging here after my friend kept encouraging me to join. I'm so glad I did! When I first started, it was less about writing and more about documenting. I wasn't sure if anyone was even reading! It was a great way to keep in touch with family and a few long lost friends. Then I started making more and more friends, found some I knew as a kid, and discovered a whole new community full of awesome people sharing ideas and supporting each other. It's basically like a diary where the whole world can read it and give you feedback. My inner teenage self just cringed at that last sentence.

2. One thing I love seeing on other blogs is…

Variety. Wit. A great sense of humor. Encouragement. Inspiration. Honesty. Beautiful pictures. I follow an incredibly random assortment... just like my real life. I'm friends with so many different kinds of people from all walks of life, and I like it that way. It keeps me grounded and helps me grow. I typically follow bloggers who I believe I'd be friends with IRL. As long as the person is being real, I enjoy reading them. I don't enjoy reading people who are obviously in it to "get big", to be the next kelle hampton or Ree Drummond. Thankfully, the majority of authors I find are in it just to share their story, interests, and experiences. If they become a "bigger blogger" in the process? It's only because others realized just how cool they are too. :)

 
3. Something I love about blogging…

I've loved meeting others that I normally wouldn't have met if it weren't for the internet. I love seeing how others live life, how they cope with challenges, and getting a couple of laughs in between. It's also been nice to offer support and prayers and all that to people who need it. After pouring out your heart to a bunch of people you've never met in real life before and have them email/comment with sweet words of encouragement? It's the next best thing to a hug.

4. Favorite blog posts of mine are…
Oh gosh, I don't think I've ever done this before. This took me a long time to decide. Because really, I love all of my posts for different reasons. I love the ones right after Brad and I got married, when we went to Cancun, and especially the ones with Noah. The ones where he learns to walk, gets his cranial band, eats his first solids, his birthdays, etc. But those could go on and on, so these are the ones I chose that would be more fun for others to read:

- Apparently everyone got a kick out of the Accent Vlog I did a while back, which actually kind of surprised me. So there's that one.
- The Pregnancy Weight Gain guest post is one of my favorites.

- Noah's Happy Dance... I still go back and watch it when I need a laugh. Promise it's one of the cutest things you've ever seen.
- When we had to sell my car and Noah finally got his cranial band. Good times.

- When the roaches attacked Brad

5. Something my friends in real life know about me that I’ve never before mentioned on my blog…

I'm a better listener than talker... although I've gotten better at the talking/opening-up part over the years. I'm sometimes too trusting of people. Also, I'm really goofy... often unintentionally.

6. My new favorite blogs to read are…

- Lil Blue Boo - she's not super new to me, but she's definitely turned into a favorite over the last couple of months or so. She's currently fighting off cancer, and she has got to be the strongest woman I've ever seen going through something like this. Oh, and the video where she shaves her head? Ugh. Tear-jerkingly beautiful. Check her out.

- First Team Cut - This one belongs to a good friend of mine. We grew up together. He blows the whole "athletes are all dumb" stereotype out of the water. The guy is a great writer. He's had several blogs, and this is his most recent where he discusses (in a hilarious way) the life of working at a restaurant.

- Life After I "Dew" I honestly have no idea how I missed this one. We follow a lot of the same people and have a few (she's obviously way more popular than me) of the same followers. So why I just now ran across her blog, I don't know. But she's great.

- Bower Power Again, how I was clueless about her for so long? No clue.

7. Some things I tend to avoid doing on my blog are…

Being boring. HA, just kidding.
I don't know? I like to keep the whining/griping to a minimum if I can. And no bashing or super controversial topics. I don't really think about it, though. I just write.

1 comment:

Gina said...

I might have to steal this this week! Love it!