Thursday, August 30, 2012

an announcement of sorts

And no, I'm not pregnant.
Seems silly, but I like to get that disclaimer out of the way before anybody gets too excited.

However, this does have to do with babies. Just not mine.

Sometimes there are things that I don't post about on my blog. Actually, there are often things I don't post. While certain aspects of my life would definitely help spice up the content around here, usually these stories aren't really mine to tell. While I myself am not all that complicated or interesting, I've got lots of family and friends to make up for it. :) But like I said, these stories aren't mine to tell. Sharing certain pieces of information would more than likely affect people I love. Even if I meant it in a positive way, there's still a chance it would get misconstrued and wind up hurting someone else.
Bloggers walk a fine line of sharing too much or not enough. :)

There's a certain facet of my life that I've been dying to share on here for the last two years. But I had to wait for the right time.

I have a nephew. My brother's baby.

Meet Bentley:
(totally stole this from his momma's FB photos. Hope that's okay, Marah!)



I've actually included him a few times on this blog (here and here and I swear I have a picture of him a couple weeks after he was born, but can't seem to find it) , but I was a tad bit sneaky about it.
There was a bit of drama surrounding Bentley and his birth, which I won't go into on here. Frankly, it doesn't matter anymore. While I was absolutely never embarrassed or trying to hide him, I also wanted to respect everyone involved. So that's why I haven't said anything. But things are good now... more than good, actually. He has a Momma and Daddy who love him, along with lots of family who think he's the best. You have no idea how happy I am for him. For everyone.



Little B just turned two a couple of weeks ago. And oh my goodness, he is so sweet and so cute. He's silly and fun, and while he has plenty of his Momma in him, he looks SO much like my little brother.



So yeah. I'm just excited to finally get to include him on here with all of you.
This little guy is so special, and I'm so happy he's here and in our lives.

Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

WHoa!!! No idea!!!

He is a clone of your brother! That cute little buzz cut going. Love it! Noah and him are going to grow up being bffs!

Gina said...

He is a DOLL!!