Saturday, January 24, 2009

Baby News

Ok, so yes, I'm FINALLY getting around to posting about the baby!

I still can't post any new pictures, since we don't have the internet. I'm going to have to find a good way to solve that problem soon.

Anyways, very quickly...

I'm 12 weeks pregnant at this point. We've already seen the baby twice and heard the heartbeat twice. So amazing! It's unbelievable to hear and see. At this point, the baby now has a digestive system forming, little elbows, and a heart. I'm not really showing yet, but I have noticed my jeans feeling a little snugger at my belly. Initially I gained 8 lbs in the first 8 weeks, but then last visit (yesterday), I had lost 2. Who knows...

We're incredibly excited. All I can do is look at nursery pictures, think of baby names, and eat bread. Because bread doesn't make me feel sick. So lots of bagels. :)

Actually, morning sickness hasn't really been a problem. I had my first spell today, because I took too hot of a shower and got overheated (I know, I know... big no-no). This resulted in me getting extremely lightheaded, ringing in my ears, then throwing up. Fun stuff. So needless to say, no more hot showers for me. Don't worry, the baby is fine. It's only dangerous if your body temp raises to 102, but the heat causes your blood pressure to drop, which is what resulted in the lightheadedness and sick feeling I guess.

I'm fine now though. Brad and I went out for Chinese, so trust me, I'm feeling better. :)

My family is so excited. My mom has already bought a dress (she says she doesn't care what it is, but it's pretty darn obvious). Brad's family thinks it's a boy. Kerri is already knitting a blue blanket. So it'll be interesting to see what comes out. We'll find out what it is in about 6 more weeks, assuming it's not as ladylike as me and shows us.

Ok, Brad is ready to go, so I'm done for now. I'll keep you updated.

No comments: