Saturday, September 5, 2009

Date Night and Update on Baby

I finally got a chance to sneak a few minutes to myself... did some laundry, dishes, got a shower, and now I'll do a quick update before the little man of the house wakes up and demands a midnight snack.

I haven't really been out of the house in a month, outside of Dr's visits, and after 3 straight days of almost nonstop screaming from Noah and not much sleep, I finally hit my breaking point. Unfortunately, with Brad's new schedule, there's not alot he can do during the day to help me out. So all day Wednesday, I was really looking forward to Brad waking up around 7:30ish so he could take Noah and let me at least take a shower and escape for a little bit. Well, he got up, and he ended up having to go meet a coworker. I tried to put on a brave face and waited until I thought he was gone. I didn't expect him to come back inside to grab something and he found me on the couch holding a crying baby and me crying along with him. I was just so exhausted, and no matter what I did, I couldn't seem to get Noah happy. I also needed some time with Brad. We've been doing the whole strangers-in-the-night thing lately, and I really missed him. Brad felt awful and didn't realize how badly I needed a break.

Which leads me to Thursday night. One of his coworkers had extra tickets to the Panthers/Steelers game and offered them to us! Brad had also stayed up with Noah Wednesday night, and I got 7 hours of sleep!! I felt great the whole day Thursday. I took Noah for a little walk around the block, and he slept all day. Fun trick: I put him in his car seat and set him on top of the dryer while it was running. He seriously slept for a good 4 to 5 hours. He obviously needed it just as much as I did! He woke up alot happier.

So anyway, we finally got ourselves a date night. My mom kept Noah for us, and we got to enjoy a night out alone. Of course, we really missed him, but we had a great time. The weather was perfect... cool and clear. The Panthers were embarrassing, but the real season starts next week and we'll have all of our star players back. We're also big Steelers fans, so either way, we were happy with whoever won. :)



Oh, and we decided it was Noah's tummy that was causing all of the crying. He's been really gassy and a little constipated. I've been breastfeeding and using formula, and we think the formula was too hard for him to digest. So we switched to a soy-based one and he's been SO much better. Plus, Brad's brother Ben suggested we use these infant gas drops to help, and they did the trick too. We finally have our happy baby back! So a BIG thank you to him! :)

3 comments:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

What a tender post! I bet you're totally exhausted! Crying babies that don't stop definitely takes a toll on you. Go Brad for getting the Best Husband and Daddy award for the week....(what he doesn't know is that you need 'Hailey' time more often than once a month!!!) Yes, and lets hope the panthers pick it up and win us some games!

Reminisce said...

I almost started crying when I read about you crying on the couch! I know, I'm an emotional crazy pregnant lady now, but still...

Next time you feel like sitting down on the couch and crying, walk down the hill, or heck, drive down the hill. I PROMISE not to mind if Noah screams the entire time you're down here. And I can hold him for a while (while screaming) to give you a break.

Seriously. Jeremy had colic. It sucked. At least if someone else was there we knew we weren't the only ones having to endure it. :)

And when you're outside, the crying seems not quite as loud (our rental was TINY when Jeremy was born - I'm sure our neighbors thanked God for us every night - NOT!).

Unknown said...

Your little boy is so precious! Glad you were able to figure out how to make things a little better!