Here are the stats:
Height is in the 90th percentile (24 inches)
Weight is in the 95th percentile (a whopping 14.4 lbs)
His head... get this... is 44cm around! Brad asked if that was big, and the doctor's response, "Uh... yeah." haha
So yes, we have a chunky monkey on our hands. I promise, we only feed him on demand. We're not forcing food down his throat! :)
We told him about our weird sleeping schedule, and he said it's time to fix it since he's able to sleep for such long periods now (we got a full 8 hours 3 times this week... woohoo!!). We now have to come up with a set routine... going to bed at the exact same time every night. We were going to start tonight, but the poor baby has had a really rough time with his shots. He was fine until about an hour after we got home, then he started screaming like we'd never heard before... shrieks of pain. They were all swollen and of course, being upset, he was kicking, but every kick hurt him, making it even worse. It was awful. We gave him some baby Tylenol and he eventually fell asleep. He's awake now and seems to be fine, but I'm being extra careful not to touch his legs. This makes changing daipers a little tricky.
Oh, and let me tell you, there's nothing more heartbreaking than watching your little baby get his shots. Noah wasn't the only one crying.


Yesterday, Noah and I went to visit my friends Shauna and Michelle. I worked with both of them at the JB, first Michelle, then Shauna. They've known me since mine and Brad's dating days, and I knew Michelle when she and Danny started dating. Now I'm married with a baby and she's engaged! Shauna was with me just about everyday up until my 37th week. She got to hear all my pregnancy woes, so it's only fair that she get to hold the reason behind those woes now. :) Anyway, I brought over some of my wedding stuff for her to go through, but I think Noah was the highlight of their evening. :)



Oh, and I've already made a mental note NOT to sit next to Michelle again until I lose all my pregnancy weight. :)
1 comment:
Noah is SOOo cute!!! Seriously read the book Baby Wise. I'm reading it right now. There are so many mommy's who swear by that book when it comes to getting your baby on a schedule!
Post a Comment