Thursday, August 4, 2011

what I'm loving... uh, thursday?

Just wanted to share a few things I'm lovin' right now.
Unfortunately, I'm a little too late (obviously) to link up with What I'm Loving Wednesday. But that's okay. We'll just call this "What I'm Loving Thursday". Yeah I know. Not as catchy.
Oh well.

I'm loving... that we got to spend the day at Discovery Kids today. We met up with some friends, but it never fails... every time we're there? Noah acts like a kid with ADD (no, he doesn't have it. just gets overly excited at all the fun stuff to see and do) and can't stay in one spot for more than 5 minutes. Which makes visiting a little harder. But still, it was fun.
Here's proof that he actually was with friends for 2 seconds.
He gave their pretend grocery store playing a chance. But really? He was way more interested in cars and water tables and ramps. :)


And I'm also happy to see he enjoyed the train set. Because little man may be getting one for his birthday on Saturday.



I'm loving... that we're going to attempt to make some headway on Noah's playroom this weekend. I wish we had the budget to make it look the way I really want it to, but we're going to work with what we have. And that's a good thing. Keeps me grounded. And I like a good challenge.



I'm loving... that my husband loves me for me. He encourages me and tells me things like, "you should write a book about that..." and just believes in me. He told me last night he used to think I was perfect when we were dating. Sadly, he misunderstood, and I'm sure is aware of that now. But he's never stopped being my biggest fan. I like that.
I'm loving... that there's an upscale children's consignment sale coming up. I don't want to cause a massive crowd and jinx my chances of finding great stuff, but still. I'm pretty excited about it.

I'm loving... that Noah snuck over here mid-post and posted this. Oops.
 Time to delete before it shows up in the feed...
I'm loving... that someone wrote a manual for how to deal with my personality:


I'm loving... British humor. Both my husband and I have a thing for it. Something about the dryness, the sarcasm... the total smartbuttness. That's our humor. Not sure what that says about us.

I'm loving... the fact that some tv networks realize not everyone can afford to subscribe to their channel, so they offer free episodes of shows like Project Runway. Thankyouthankyouthankyou!

I'm loving... random stuff found on pinterest. Sure it's a wonderful place to find some inspiration on how to decorate your living room or organize your pantry. Or even a new yummy recipe. But I'm sorry, none of that compares to finding things like this...

source

I guess they ain't from the country...
(is it just me or did they think it was a male first, then after further inspection, decide it was a "fe-male"?)

***

Happy Thursday!
I may be a tad quiet the next couple of days. Lots of celebrating happening here.
Stay tuned!


4 comments:

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Rich (my hubster) is a total introvert too. These rules are perfect for him!!

All boys love water tables and cars!

Gina said...

My hubby is a HUGE introvert. Thanks for the reminder...as an extrovert, I forget.

Sassytimes said...

That looks like a great play place! Probably wonderful for the winter months.

So Loved Sisters said...

Love that introvert list!!! I totally fit under everything. I should just start giving people that list every time I meet someone new. It would make my life so much easier :)