Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I Go Back

(I happen to be a huge Kenny Chesney fan, so any time I have a beach post, I use a song title for the blog title. I know, I'm so clever. Just wanted you to know, there IS a reason behind the odd beach titles...) :)



Guess where we were this past weekend!

And we had an incredible time.
We totally mooch off my parents and get to stay at this fantastic oceanfront resort. Brad gets free golf (with my stepdad), I get built-in babysitters, and above all?
This VIEW:


The weather was phenomenal. I've mentioned before how we only really go to the beach towards the end of the summer/beginning of fall. It's still hot enough to swim and hang on the beach during the day, but it's not an "oh my gooooosh, I'm mmmmeeeeeltiiiiing" type of hot.
It's warm, breezy, and wonderful.


It felt like we'd never get there on Wednesday. We got stuck in stand still traffic for like an hour. Then it rained off and on the whole way there, so we had to drive a little slower. Once we finally got there, it was dark. But I wasn't about to just call it a day. So we suited up and hit the pools. They have an awesome toddler waterpark area that Noah loves. Last year, he wasn't walking yet, so this year, he got to enjoy it to the fullest.
(oh y'all knew the blanket had to come too...)



And of course, we had plenty of beach time.









 And some fun in the ocean.






And more pool time.



Noah also discovered a new form of excercise while we were there.
Water aerobics.

Up.


Down.


Up.


Down.


Up!


This could go on for awhile.


So yeah. The pool was fun.


It definitely works up an appetite.
For lunch, he'd had a grilled cheese sandwich, grapes, tortilla chips...
and he was still hungry.

My boy. The bottomless pit.
I don't even want to think about what our grocery bill will be in 10 years.
While all of us love the balcony and the gorgeous view... Noah loved the balcony. If we weren't on the beach, he was on the balcony looking at the beach. As soon as he got his swim trunks on in the morning, he just about pushed us out the door. He couldn't get out there fast enough.


Friday night, my parents treated us out to dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, Flamingo Grill. I've been going there since I was tiny (it opened in 1986). Both mine and my stepdad's birthdays are this week, so it was kind of a birthday celebration dinner.


The plan was to go out and ride some rides after dinner. The problem was that everything closes earlier in the Fall. However, my niece Skyler had been talking about the Skywheel the whole time. You could see it from our condo, it's so big, and it overlooks the beach. I included a picture with the cars next to it, so you could get an idea of the size of this thing. Crazy, crazy. She convinced my mom to ride it with her (because my little sister gave her a big "no way"). Had it not cost $12 a person, I would've ridden too.

The last night (Saturday), we took Noah, my little sister, and my niece to Broadway at the Beach to ride some rides and get some froyo.


We had a blast. Pretty sure we could've stayed there another week, at least.
Unfortunately, reality summoned. Brad's back at work, I've been busy unpacking and all that entails, and Noah caught some sort of cold (I'm sure it had nothing to do with eating all that sand) and has been fighting his naps lately... except once he's out, he's out for a good 3 hours.

4 comments:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

Jealousssssssssssssssss!!!!

That beach looks fabulous!!! And that view? Breath taking! I miss the beach! I love the gulf beaches, but they don't have that sand for days and theeeeeen water kind of beach front so it seems like Brinley has like 10 ft of running free time and then she's in 2 ft of water. Hence, next time we go to the beach, she will be in a lifejacket and leash :-)

Noah is so cute! I love his smile!

team cowan said...

Totally jealous. I could use some beach time right now. Although I'm not quite ready for a bathing suit yet...

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Oh wow. I'm salivating here in Chicago as it's freezing cold and super windy with rain. I love the photos you took of Noah on the beach. Each one is frameable. How cute that he loved the balcony. I wish I could've stood there with him. Your whole trip looked so wonderful!!

So Loved Sisters said...

Your photos look amazing!! Hope I'm as good as you one day. I miss the beach!!