~ Are we still using "da BOMB"? Because I've seen it a lot recently, and really... I think it's one of those phrases that immediately ages you. I have this secret fear of being one of those parents that tries to be cool and goes about it all wrong. Like telling Noah's friend when they're 10 that they're outfit is "da BOMB". And then they reach in their pocket for their teeny-tiny, warp speed, hi-tech phone and call the police because their friend's mom is making bomb threats.
~ You know what's really cool? Seeing people you knew as a kid becoming amazingly successful and cheering them on. There happens to be one family I've been close to since like 2nd grade. And I swear, there is something in their genetics that causes them to excel in whatever they do. Their parents are absolutely wonderful, hard working, sweet people. They actually go to the same church as me, and I just got a big hug from one of the sweetest Mommas in the whole world last week. Well, their 2nd to youngest is now playing defense for Notre Dame (#41!!). And their youngest? A phenomenal dancer at NYC Ballet (deferring his acceptance into Harvard for now). Most recently, he was featured in Vogue. You know how cool it is to pick up a copy of Vogue, open it up and say, "I know him!" Very cool.
~ I made my very first homemade apple pie (almost from scratch... the pie crust was the refrigerated kind). I'm trying to use up the apples we picked, so I figure what better time to try it out, right? OMG, it's sooooo good. Want the recipe? Check it out here.
~ Am I the only one that feels weird pinning things like "chocolate explosion cake" RIGHT after exercise/thinspiration pins? It's like Jillian Michaels and Paula Deen are duking it out on Pinterest to see who ultimately wins. Sinful Food v. Gym Rat.
~ Also, why are people pinning their Christmas pictures? And not like to promote a photography business or some craft they did for the holidays. I'm talking, "Jeremy opening his presents. Smith Christmas 2010".
~ And to perk up your Tuesday morning, here are a few gems I recently found. If these don't make you laugh, you have no soul.
If I ever have a little girl, I'm totally doing this.
Sophia from The Golden Girls:
This kid is being raised right...

2 comments:
That is incredible you know that guy in Vogue! I need to read my Vogue now and find that article. :-)
That last picture made me snort.
I CANNOT go on Pinerest when I'm hungry. My mouth literally waters at the recipes.
Those pics of my good friend Hugh are hilarious!!
Post a Comment