Last week, I pulled into our driveway right after Brad did. He got out of his car, gave me a big kiss, and handed me these:

No reason. Just because.
So I figured I don't brag on him enough. He's the most amazing person I've ever met. He's sweet, energetic, funny, and most of all entertaining. I never know what he'll say next, which is half the fun. :)
He's so excited to become a dad. Thursday morning right after the alarm went off, we both just kinda laid there, his back to my belly. Noah obviously also heard the alarm, because he started kicking. Brad hasn't gotten to feel him much until now, so after a few kicks and punches, I hear, "Is that Noah??" haha His face lights up now when he gets to feel Noah kick.
Which reminds me, I meant to post about this.
We got good news from the Dr on Wednesday. I'm no longer considered high-risk! We had another ultrasound and they found all 4 chambers in his little heart, and everything seems to be working perfectly fine. He's at 1.5 lbs and the Dr said he's right on target size-wise.
I'm officially in my 6th month. I definitely have a belly now, which I'll try to take an updated pic soon and post next time. I'm wearing maternity shirts, but my regular t-shirts and empire waisted shirts still work. For all my pregnant friends out there, I shopped at Motherhood Maternity and they've got really cute stuff for not much $$. I checked in my little pregnancy book, and Noah's able to hear things now, which explains the kicking when I get up in the morning. If he's anything like me, he's irritated that he got woken up. :)
I've also decided that whenever I try out a recipe and really like it, I'm going to try to remember to post it. This is actually my mom's recipe, and I made it tonight. It's so easy and pretty cheap too. It lasts for awhile (which is great, when you only feed 2 people), so you get good leftovers.
Ravioli Casserole:
1 jar (28 oz) spaghetti sauce
1 (25 oz) pkg frozen ravioli, cooked and drained
2 cups small cottage cheese*
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 parmesan cheese
Spread 1/2 c spaghetti sauce in ungreased 13x9x2" baking dish. Layer with half of ravioli, 1 1/4 cup sauce, 1 cup cottage cheese, and 2 cups mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake uncovered @ 350 degrees for 30-40 min. or until bubbly. Let stand 10-15 min.
Makes 6-8 servings
*You can also use ricotta cheese if you like.

(Sorry, I'm not a very good food photographer)
Like I said, if you're on a budget, this is a good meal to make (as long as you like cheese). :)
Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment